Pages

Monday, November 30, 2015

Winter Packets




My schools each have a winter band/orchestra/choir concert in December.  The closest we get to performing Christmas music is my arrangement of "Jingle Bells." It has become an orchestra tradition at my schools to end their portion of the concert with combined 5th and 6th grade orchestras playing their different parts and student volunteers ringing bells.  Before my students leave for winter break, I pass out these winter packets for them to enjoy over their time off from school.  These packets are great for sight-reading and reinforcing skills from the fall semester.  I've tried to stay away from the more religious Christmas songs and to include some melodies that may be unfamiliar to my students.  The second-year winter packet includes many rounds and duets too.


Winter packet (for first-year string players):
Contents:
  1. Jolly Old Saint Nicholas
  2. Good King Wenceslas
  3. Up on the Housetop
  4. Overture to The Nutcracker
  5. Carol of the Bells
  6. Here We Come A-Caroling


Winter packet (for second-year string players):
Contents:
  1. Jolly Old Saint Nicholas (duet)
  2. Good King Wenceslas (duet)
  3. We Wish You a Merry Christmas
  4. Winter is Coming (A three-part round)
  5. The Bell Doth Toll (A three-part round)
  6. Auld Lang Syne
  7. In the Bleak Midwinter
  8. Carol of the Bells

Enjoy!




3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing such a great resource! You did a lovely job of layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this. It's just what I was looking for!

    ReplyDelete